David Oestreicher II
Attorney at Law,
New Orleans, La.
David Oestreicher II, a Harvard trained litigation attorney, has extensive experience in personal injury trials, business and general litigation, automobile and DWI cases.
With more than 35 years experience, David has earned his clients millions of dollars in judgements. A community activist, with law degrees from Tulane and Harvard, David also has gained valuable experience while appointed as judge pro tempore for two courts, and while serving as a New Orleans Police officer for 20 years (twice decorated for bravery).
Areas of Practice
- Personal injury trial law
- Construction defects & liability
- Business litigation & contracts
- Automobile & truck liability
- Property tax resolution (La. State Tax Commission)
- Medical malpractice
- Criminal defense
Relevant experience & Service
- Served as trial counsel on several million dollar jury verdicts.
- Served as insurance defense counsel for several major health-care providers and physicians in medical malpractice and business litigation cases
- Past President of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation, Inc.
Turned operation around from net loss to a net surplus in less than two years. See article: The Man Who Helped Save Jazz Fest.
- Member of the Cultural Committee of the Bring Back New Orleans Commission.
- In private practice, trusted colleagues have included the Honorable Walter Rothschild, 5th Circuit Court of Appeal, the Honorable Sidney Cates, Orleans Civil District Court, and the Honorable Patricia Minaldi, U.S. District Court – Western District of Louisiana.
- Admitted to North Carolina and Louisiana Bar. Passed New York State Bar.
- Member – Federal Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association
- Successfully argued cases in all level of State and Federal Courts.
- Served in United States Military: Army Reserve, 2nd Lieutenant
- Honored by Mayor Landrieu and City of New Orleans: Contribution to the Arts
- Nominated for a 2014 Litigator Award, by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents
- Curriculum Vitae attached.